Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Go Chiefs Go!

I have lost count how many times Reg & I have compared Pres to the "section drunk". I know not nice but hear me out. You know the guy; he cheers the loudest, thinks he is hilarious, slurs his speech, does a bit of stumbling and tries the hardest to get the crowd involved in the wave or something similar.
Pres is that guy! Everything gets a celebration clap and whoop. Finish a song and "yeahhh" clap, clap. Throw a ball and "yeahhh" clap, clap. Change a diaper and "yeahh" clap, clap. Don't get me wrong having our own cheer leader works and you can't help but smile when someone applauds you throwing trash away.
The latest thing is Preston imitating us on the phone. He grabs a cell says something like "blub blub, duck quack quack, sit down daddee (laughs really loud), I love you, ba-bye". This is too funny. The forced fake laugh cracks us up, not too mention the 10 sec "phone calls". It is nice that he always says goodbye to whoever he talks to.
His vocabulary is taking off. He repeats most things we say and has gotten into 4 word sentences. He is getting there and it is fun cracking the code of Prestonese. Reg & I take turns translating.
After much practice he is now able to jump. For a while he would just throw his arms up and then hit the deck. Or raise up one leg and stomp thinking he was jumping. Now his two legs jump in unison and he is getting about an inch off of the ground. Sometimes he surprises himself when he moves forward. Running and walking are still progressing however that cruel mistress Gravity fouls him up regularly.
Finally all songs, chants, and tasks require the whole group to participate. Pres does not sing solo...he is Diana and Reg & I are the Supremes. He does most of the choreography. Needless to say we are usually entertained. He is a "fun drunk".

All is going well. Keeping on with life as usual. Actually Preston and I took a detour today as he woke up last night at midnight and got sick on his bed, our bed, his glider and us. Really took some 'diggin deep' to keep Regan and I from getting sick ourselves. We both caught ourselves gagging. Preston and I took showers and then had a slumber party on his floor. Figured our best bet was to localize clean-up. Regan was doing loads of cleaning and showering himself off. He claimed our bed and then got up a few hours later to go to PT & work. Not sure how any of us are functioning but so far so good. Preston ate and am hoping that all stays in his belly.

That's the scoop. Miss you, hoping all is well with you. Spokanites...we will see you soon!!

No comments: