So yeah, we have lost our touch with updating this thing. I'd like to say we have been too busy to do it but I can't. Don't get me wrong, we have been busy, just not enough for me to say we have been TOO busy to blog. I guess it has just gotten easier to say "There is football on" or "There are DVR shows to watch". Oh well, we'll get back on track eventually. ANYHOO....
So Christmas is well on it's way. Much closer than I had expected as a matter of fact. My work was asking when I was going to submit my leave and I thought to myself, "what are they talking about, I have PLENTY of time!" Not so much. Anyway, we needed to get Halsted Family 4.0 ready for the holidays! What does that mean? Well, shopping and photos mainly, so we had to get on that. So last weekend, we got some holiday garb and gussied ourselves up and went off to the mall to have some pics done. Preston also got a chance to sit on Santa's lap for the second time which went over better than I had expected. Not great as he did not enjoy sitting on the strange man but we were at least able to get in a couple shots before he started pleading for freedom.
This weekend we put our focus on finishing up our holiday shopping and getting our Christmas cards out (better late than never). Karl bravely took Pres out to shop on Sat by herself while I stayed home to tackle the office. This worked out well becasue it got some shopping done while entertaining Pres and letting me set things up without our little "helper" poking around. The only problem was the fact that our tropical weather was making it hard for Karl and Pres to get around! Karley could barely get from the car to the store without freezing. The wind was not howling for a change but even a slight breeze at -10deg is a killer! Needless to say the shopping was cut a little short but the mission was still accomplished. The office is semi set up. I am typing this on our desktop but our book cases are still bare. All those books are just too intimidating!!
Throughout the last couple weeks we have recieved a few early Christmas presents so a big "THANKS!!" to all that have sent stuff. Pres has been especially excited for all the shipping boxes that things have come in. You'll have to check out the pics to see him enjoying them. We figured since we will be heading to Spokane for Christmas it was best that we let Preston have his loot now so I hope you all don't mind. Well I hope everyone's holidays are shaping up nicely. We are VERY excited to see many of you soon. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the weather holds long enough here, in Denver and Spokane so we can make our flights! After that it can go back to going crazy. We're not going to complain if we get stuck in Spokane. If we are not going to see you, have a happy holiday season and we hope to hear from you soon!!
Take care!!
-Regan, Karley and "Artic Adventurer" Preston
No comments:
Post a Comment