Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I am a big fan of this holiday...restaurants, gifts, bears..oh my! I think I even may be up for celebrating this again next year!

Really though as far as first Mother's Days go, this one was really nice. Regan & Pres let me sleep in, then we got ready and went to brunch. Afterward we headed to Bear Country USA. This is a local attraction run by a family which includes a 3 mile drive through various animal habitats. One of the habitats is Black Bears. We were expecting 4 or 5 but there had to be well over a hundred. At the end of the loop is a walking exhibit which includes otters, beavers, badgers, bear cubs, red fox, etc... As the weather was gorgeous, the populous was out and about with us.

We wrapped up our animal tour and then went to Canyon Lake Park. This is one of the City parks located along the bike path. We took a little spin and all got a bit of sun. We then slapped the stroller wheels on the Chariot and walked around the lake to look at the ducks.

The day ended with dinner and a half&half cone! It was really nice and so glad the weather held for us. There are pictures if you are interested. Hope all you moms had a great day also or you treated the moms in your lives to something special.

xoxo

by the way...there are some new pictures in the "day to day" album

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Ok, I think I have to call a foul on one of your picture captions. I'm pretty sure you can't claim you visited from Spokane. Last I heard, you don't live there. Time to accept the RC.