So I am supposed to say "grow fonder" but I am hoping that any second I will turn into a literary prodigy and come up with words that sound more poetic than "RUDE AWAKENING". The great thing about being a military spouse is that at any second the active duty one can go on temporary duty (TDY) or get deployed and it forces you to see how much you rely on that person. Since Preston was born I have been on my own twice. Once while Reg was at Silver Flag and Preston was blobular and another time I stayed with my mom a bit longer on a trip but of course I still had my mom.
Regan is at NCO academy (I would explain the acronym to you civilians but although I know the words the meaning is a little lost on me). From what I gather it is teaching Reg to be a better leader/supervisor while also brushing up on the Air Force Song and Creed. He is in Colorado Springs for 6 weeks. (3 days down, 39 to go) This is part of his career path and I am positive he will do well. I am not so sure he will be as proud of my performance here on the home front.
I know Regan does a lot around the house but I really didn't realize until I added to my repertoire: cat litter, garbage taking out (when the heck does the garbage man come??!!), watering lawns & flowers, laundry, kitchen clean up, feeding & watering animals, ALL OF THE COOKING, coffee in AM, cereal & milk to-go in AM, comic relief. Here I am on day 3 and I am seriously wondering how he had time to work, work out/run or play xbox. I am keeping up but it means that I spend about 45 min getting things set for the morning the night before and cleaning up the tornado swept upstairs. Last night I thought this morning would be a breeze from my foresight efforts...not so much. I forgot to set the bleeping alarm clock AND when I set the delayed timer on the coffee maker I didn't check that the time was right. GENIUS! On the bright side Preston has been cared for so not a total loss. I think by the end of the week I will have my routine licked! Just in time for my mom to get here. My goal is to not let her take care of too much so I suffer when she returns to her own life. NOTE TO SELF...KEEP CLEANING.
Regan did get his replacement car last week. It is exactly the same. We will call her Phoenix. Very strange to be in it, like she never died. He took Phoenix to C-Springs and his trip was smooth sailing. He is set up and will hopefully chime in with updates. We have been doing video conference via Skype. Pretty sweet software although video leaves a lot to be desired. The voice is great though. Pres seems to enjoy it and chatters quite a bit. Yesterday it was singing and lots of gesticulating. Today was gabber and show & tell. Interesting.
Funny the fears we had going into this TDY. Regan was worried about Preston forgetting him and I was worried that without Regan here I would ruin Preston. Really neither is that far fetched. Hoping the daily web conference will provide the visual reminder and daily debrief we both need to ease fears. We'll see.
Preston and I mostly doing well. Today daycare had me pick him up at 11am as they were certain he had been exposed to and was infected with Hand Foot & Mouth. That is some viral thing that results in cold like symptoms, fever, sore throat and blisters on your mouth, hands & feet. Preston bit his tongue. Yep that's it. Anyway I got to spend quality time with Preston at urgent care and then on to some errands. That alone killed the day. Glad I got in 3 hours of work! Tomorrow I am pulling for a full 8 hour day...keep your fingers crossed. This kid needs a routine!
Looking at pictures on our dresser...
Me: Who's that?
Pres: Momma
Me: Who's that?
Pres: Daddee
Me (point to a pic of Coulee): Who's that?
Pres: Lay Down
Poor dog...
Happy Birthday to Paige & Daniel!
1 comment:
We are tickled still w PeaVie's photo quiz responses.
And I was so impressed by this post, I was prepared for more. Ah well. Fool me once and all.
Post a Comment