Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yup, we are done with winter. YOU HEAR US MOTHER NATURE!? DONE!!

So, this winter has lasted WAY too long. Apparently this is an unusual winter with all the snow. We are hoping that is correct. I never thought I would be bad-talking winter like this as I am a fan of the white stuff and the cold but this area has finally broken me. Two Mondays in a row we have been locked up in the house watching the wind blow snow all over. This was entertaining at first but now..........it just sucks. Hard to believe that we would not be hoping for snow days anymore. I would actually prefer going to work! How sick is that? Karley actually fought through unplowed streets and a base lock down to get into work! Had to get permission from Security Forces to drive on the streets to get off base! Pres helped me shovel the snow this morn after the plows burried the driveway. I got finished and was putting the shovel away and thought Pres was right behind me but then I heard "Hot! Hot!". I turned around to see Pres standing in the huge puddle at the end of the driveway where the runoff was all damed up. Would have been ok but his snow shoes are at school. Fun.
So, with all this time in the house, we gave in to let Pres watch much more TV than usual. Noggin is great. Pres loves that channel. He actually runs to the TV when the Backyardigans song comes on. Surprisingly enough, we never get sick of hearing "Almost Everything is Boinga". We also can thank that channel for introducing us to "Nuttin but Stringz". Pretty cool stuff for a toddler channel!!
Thanks to the weather, we have missed Gymnastics class 2 weeks in a row. We did however make it to Mom, Pop, and Tot aerobics which we thought was going to be a snap. A kind of, get-the-kids-moving-while-getting-a-little-exercise type of thing. Wrong. It was more of a let-the-kids-run-around-while-we-kill-the-parents type thing. We can't climb stairs and it's been days. If anyone is looking to try the P-90X workout.......don't. It's torture in disguise.
We also found some time to get Pres in for some 'professional' pics and a visit with the Easter Bunny. The bunny pics are already up but be on the lookout for the formal pics. Should be up soon. We are hoping the weather settles down as we are supposed to be driving to Denver next week so we can fly to Cali for Easter. You listening Mother Nature? Oh and believe it or not, Pres starts swim class again next week! Crazy.

Stay warm!

Regan, Karley, and Master Shoveler Preston.

No comments: