Part of our "bedtime routine" for Preston includes reading him a story.
Sort of a funny thing as he is playing while Reg reads...so much for winding down. It is something that I think he may appreciate when he is a little older, for now his parents enjoy it. Anyway, since Pres was 4 weeks old we have read to him every night. We have gotten familiar with the stories we are partial too (again I think this is more for us than Pres). One of the stories is Where the Wild Things Are. There is a line in there that cracks me up every time. Goes like this..."The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one kind and another his mother called him "Wild Thing!" and Max said "I'll eat you up!!...".
Funny right?? Gets me every time.
Now that Pres is mobile I am starting to think of him as a wild thing. He is into everything and I think when we are not looking he grows a couple of arms. Not sure how he gets into things so quickly. One second he is in the living room and a millisecond later he is at my feet in the laundry room knocking over the cats water bowl. I swear I didn't even hear him come in there. It is just nuts. On top of the mischief he has taken to showing his teeth when you get his attention. I guess he is proud of them or secretly he is saying "I'll Eat You Up!". In addition most nights find the 3 of us on the floor for a battle royal! Pres climbs all over us and we are there as spotters to ensure he doesn't get more than the 2 bruises he is sporting on his forehead and cheek. Needless to say he is off and really wanting to run!! We are keeping up and really enjoying his little personality.
This weekend we took our Wild Thing to do some wild things...tattoo at Bear Country, A trip to see Sturgis Rally gearing up (careful a couple of risque pictures) and the regular trips to bagels, the mall and eating out. Good weekend and we are in awe of the amount of Motorcycles in town. The Rally is something else and we will steer clear as it gets going. Neat to see all the bikes, and a little of the turn out.
Hope everyone is well, xoxo
Reg, Karl & the Wild Thing
6 comments:
cant wait till they can get around, and then.... no and then. I found it fun to "kid proof" the house, then find them still getting into stuff. it's fun to watch Preston's determination with specific destination in mind. And how resourceful he is in finding "stepping stools". The teeth thing is a riot as well. Bet he loved all the 'hogs. Ethan did. Kept telling me they were for kids. and we breezed by a select few of the photos in the album.
No comment on the pics. Although that is 72% due to the fact that I don't have an account.
Speaking of pictures, I get frustrated since it skips pictures on me all the time. Each forward click may advance one pic, or maybe two, you never know.
I'm glad Dan rounded to the nearest whole percent. No need to get bogged down in too much detail.
I have not had the same problem with pictures. Though at Mom and Dad's it is tough to view. But that is due to dial up. Patience is the key there.
I guess we must expect a tardy installment this week. And this from the king of tardy. I know tardy.
good things come to those who wait
patience is a virtue
We have not had the skipping issue either...must be a SC thing ;) Yeah Sean we will be tardy. Will get it done tonight when we get home from the grind.
Post a Comment